“The combined nature of employment and study, through an apprenticeship has shown an accelerated development both commercially and academically, with those achieving an Advanced Level Apprenticeship earning on average £100,000 more than those without over the course of their careers.*
If your child is undecided whether to go to University, College or look for employment after completing their secondary education, the benefits of undertaking an Apprenticeship may have been overlooked. Skills for Careers focus solely on developing and supporting young people with serious career aspirations.
Our Academy Benefits
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Paid employment
- Invaluable work experience
- One to one support from experienced staff
- Support & help when applying for jobs and further & higher education opportunities
- Qualifications recognised by colleges and universities
The Academies that we currently offer are:
1. The Business Skills Academy – Training and developing individuals who want a career in any kind of business, preparing them for the workplace and providing key employability training.
2. The Digital Media Academy – Training and developing individuals who are looking to undertake a career in the Digital Media Environment. Career paths include but are not limited to: Production assistant to researcher, Production secretary to production co-ordinator, Assistant to the camera crew to camera assistant, Trainee photographer to photographer.
*data sourced from The National Apprenticeship Service.